Seriously the best healthy snack treat I’ve made so far!
And all thanks to my hubby because I was trying to make him a healthy treat that was #lowcarb and #ketofriendly!
And something that wasn’t butter or cream cheese based! 😝
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your chocolate chips, almond butter, syrup , and coconut oil. Melt in 30 second intervals until smooth..
2. Add your shredded unsweetened coconut and nuts until fully combined.
3. Pour your mixture into a silicone mold (or a pan lined by parchment paper) and spread out evenly, using a spatula.
4. Refrigerate/freeze until firm.
I adapted this recipe from @thebigmansworld and you can find modifications here:
This is one of my favorite snacks and can even double as a dessert:)
1. Measure out Greek yogurt and add protein powder. Mix well with a spoon until all the powder is dissolved. Add a splash of water if needed.
2. Stir in fruit, top with almonds and enjoy!
3. To enjoy as a dessert, freeze the protein pudding for at least 30 minutes then add fruit & almonds.
Eating healthy to be healthy.
You don't have to sacrifice taste to eat healthy. You just need a few practical tips on how to create healthy alternatives to the foods you love!