This is my GO-TO lunch or dinner meal, because it is so simple AND tastes so good! You can half the recipe to make less, but I make it in bulk to have leftovers for the next day.
1/4 tsp coconut oil
2 lb Lean ground Turkey (could also use chicken breast)
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup bell peppers, seeded & chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed, drained & unsalted
1 can kernel corn, drained & unsalted
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup salsa
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, taco seasoning and cumin
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 tbsp cheese, shredded
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet.
2. Add spinach and peppers until cooked.
3. Add ground turkey & desired spices. Mix into vegetables and Brown until cooked through.
4. Once cooked, add beans, corn , diced tomatoes and salsa. Mix all and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve and add desired toppings.