My kids love pancakes! But I like to catch a few extra minutes in the morning by making a batch for a few days and just warming them up in the morning! Consider using a toaster instead of the microwave for a "fresher" taste!
KODIAK PROTEIN PANCAKE MIX
2 CUPS ALMOND MILK (or milk of choice)
1-2 tbsp CINNAMON
1-2 tbsp HONEY
non-stick cooking spray
Optional: fruit or topping of choice--bananas, blueberries, chocolate chips
(*note if you use fruit, use the microwave!)
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately.
Combine and mix together.
Heat Griddle/pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray).
Pour 1/4 cup of mix onto griddle.
*Add toppings now if you like.
When bubbles begin to form, flip and cook other side.
Repeat until all mix is used!
To store: let cook and then place in ziplock bag in the fridge.
Now this is for ME! It's fast, easy and unless you have texture issues, SO YUMMY!
I make 3-4 at a time. I've listed the recipe for 1, so multiply accordingly.
1 cup ALMOND MILK (or milk of choice)
1/4 cup quick or rolled oats
1 tsp chia seeds
1 serving chocolate protein powder (I use Vegan Shakeology)
*add cinnamon to taste
*use GLASS JARS to refrigerate
Add ingredients to glass jar in the order above.
Stir until mixed well.
Place lid on jar and refrigerate overnight.
*ADD 1/4 cup fruit of choice in the morning! Don't forget your spoon if you're heading out the door!
**tomorrow, we'll do LUNCH!
This is one of my favorites because it's fast & easy! A couple of tips:
*I try to boil a carton of eggs at the beginning of the week so I always have egg whites on hand.
*You can use 2 whole eggs, but use cooking spray or 1/8 tsp coconut oil to limit fat grams. This will change the nutrient breakdown.
-1/8 tsp coconut oil
-3 egg whites, cooked (slice and remove yolk)
-1 slice turkey bacon, chopped (Godshall's from SAMs club)
-1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
-1/8 cup bell peppers, chopped
-3 corn tortillas
-2 tbsp avocado, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add coconut oil to skillet.
2. Brown bacon, then add spinach and peppers and cook until wilted.
3. Turn heat off.
4. Add egg whites and toss gently until warm.
5. Meanwhile, hear up corn tortillas (I heat mine on the stove, but microwaving will work too.)
6. Divide egg mixture evenly among the three tortillas.
7. Add avocado.
8. Add salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
30 Protein grams
31 Carb grams
6 Fiber grams
9 Fat grams
This is my GO-TO lunch or dinner meal, because it is so simple AND tastes so good! You can half the recipe to make less, but I make it in bulk to have leftovers for the next day.
1/4 tsp coconut oil
2 lb Lean ground Turkey (could also use chicken breast)
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup bell peppers, seeded & chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed, drained & unsalted
1 can kernel corn, drained & unsalted
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup salsa
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, taco seasoning and cumin
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 tbsp cheese, shredded
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet.
2. Add spinach and peppers until cooked.
3. Add ground turkey & desired spices. Mix into vegetables and Brown until cooked through.
4. Once cooked, add beans, corn , diced tomatoes and salsa. Mix all and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve and add desired toppings.
This is one of my favorite snacks and can even double as a dessert:)
1. Measure out Greek yogurt and add protein powder. Mix well with a spoon until all the powder is dissolved. Add a splash of water if needed.
2. Stir in fruit, top with almonds and enjoy!
3. To enjoy as a dessert, freeze the protein pudding for at least 30 minutes then add fruit & almonds.